In 1936, Milton Roy Sheen and his son, Robert T, formed the partnership of Milton Roy to manufacture and sell controlled volume pumps. At the time, both were employed by W.H. & L.D. Betz, Chemical Engineers of Philadelphia (now GE Betz Laboratories) and the first Milton Roy pumps were designed to satisfy a chemical feed requirement discovered by Robert Sheen.
The first pumps were assembled in the basement of Milton Roy Sheen’s home, where the senior partner had made the initial patterns for castings. These pumps proved so successful for various chemical applications that Milton Roy Sheen soon devoted all his time to the fast-growing enterprise. By 1940, the company was firmly established in a manufacturing plant at 130 Mermaid Lane in Philadelphia.
In 1943, Robert Sheen devoted his full-time efforts to developing the Milton Roy business. Milton Roy Sheen passed away on April 3, 1947, almost a year to the day after the company was incorporated as a means of perpetuating the business. Robert Sheen acquired his father’s stock ownership and assume control of the company.
Milton Roy continued to prosper under the leadership of Robert Sheen, but he recognized that diversification was the key to accelerated growth. During 1953, the company leased a small plant in St. Petersburg, Fla. Primarily as a center for research and development of new products in the field of chemical instrumentation.
The company marked a major diversification milestone in 1959 by arranging to acquire the Serfass Corporation of Bethlehem, Pa; this move added hydrogen generating and purifying equipment to Milton Roy’s product line. Dr Earl J. Serfass, president of the acquired firm and former head of the chemistry department at Lehigh University, joined Milton Roy as vice president in charge of research and development. The Serfass Corporation and all R&D activities were moved to the Florida plant in the fall of 1960.
Today, we manufacture the most reliable products on the market that enable our customers to operate in various critical processing industries throughout the world.
|1994||Creation of Milton Roy Asia Pacific Pte Ltd(MRAP) for the East Asia Market|
|1999||United Technologies Corporation(UTC) acquires Sundstrand Corporation and unites it with Hamilton-Standard to form Hamilton-Sundstrand Corporation|
|2012||Milton Roy Asia Pacific Pte Ltd is officially renamed to Hamilton-Sundstrand Singapore Industrial Pte Ltd|
|2013||United Technologies Corporation’s Industrial Division is partially acquired by Accudyne Industries LLC, hence we were renamed M2S Asia Industrial Pte Ltd (* M2S represent the unity of the brands Milton Roy, Sundyne, Sullair)|
|2014||A year later, after the full acquisition of the Milton Roy division to Accudyne Industries LLC, we are henceforth named Accudyne Industries Asia Pte Ltd following our parent company|